1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sims Deluxe wont install...HELP!

Discussion in 'Games' started by joehandy, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joehandy

joehandy Thread Starter

could someone out there please help me?!? i cannot get my copy of "Sim's deluxe" to install. i can "sometimes" get to the second CD....then it just shuts down my PC! i've never seen anything like it before! the first time i thought it had fried my machine...thank god...that wasn't the case. is there anyone out there this has happened to? were you able to ever get it installed? i've got windows xp home, amd athlon xp 2100 processor, i gig of ram, two 80 gig maxtor hard drives, soundlaster mpg+ soundcard, geforce fx 5200 apg 128mb video card...
    help? someone?
    ~joey~

2. joehandy

joehandy Thread Starter

please? somebody?

3. joehandy

joehandy Thread Starter

come on guys...please?

4. McTimson

McTimson

Your copy is an original version, that was bought, right?

Does it do this with other games, or CD's?

It could be an overheating problem, or a power supply problem....try running it with the side of the case off, and with a fan blowing towards it.

5. joehandy

joehandy Thread Starter

yup, tim...it's an original...it also does the same the with my printshop 15 disk...i'll try your suggestion...everything runs fine except for this problem....no shutdowns...unless i try installing this freakin' game! when i DO finally get it installed it had better be worth it!
    thank you for the ideas!

6. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

so is it working?!

7. McTimson

McTimson

Ah, well if it does it with other CD's, then we know it's not the Sims' fault. I would be leaning towards heat, because you've got a lot of very hot things in your comptuer, 2 80 gig hard drives generate tons of heat, and that video card and CPU don't help either. When the CD spins up too much, maybe it just makes too much heat for the computer to handle.

8. joehandy

joehandy Thread Starter

Tim...You're the man! i cannot thank you enough! worked like a charm! this may be a stupid question, but, is there a way to find out what the temp. inside my pc is? also, what SHOULD it be? thanks again for your help!
    hope you're having a great weekend!
    bye!
    ~joey~

9. McTimson

McTimson

If your motherboard has thermal sensors installed on it, then yes, there are programs that detect the temperatures. One of them is Motherboard Monitor 5, once you get it configured, it shows temps, and you can configure it to do all sorts of things, like play an alarm when it gets too high, or stuff like that. For that CPU, the temp should be below 60C, and the case temp should be lower than that. If it gets higher than 60C, then something is wrong, maybe the fans aren't providing enough air, there's too much dust, or the heatsink isn't pwerful enough.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!