1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sims Hot Date Will Not Install

Discussion in 'Games' started by JadeEyez63, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeEyez63

JadeEyez63 Thread Starter

I recently tried to install Sims Hot Date on my Dell Dimension L800r system which I run Windows ME on. I have 20 gigs of hard drive memory and 356 Mgs of Ram. When I try to install the game, it tells me that I do not have enough memory to install . . . That the game needs so many bytes and I only have 1 byte available. I checked my system and I have nearly 10 gigs of hard drive memory available. :confused: Is there anyone out there with some advice that could help me with this problem? I have Sims Deluxe Edition installed already and it runs perfectly. :p

Thanks!

2. buckaroo

buckaroo

Hi jadeEyze63, Welcome to TSG. Don't confuse hard drive storage with memory (RAM). You may have too many applications running in the background for the game to install. What exactly is the message?

Do you know how to get to task manager in ME and shut down applications running? In WIN 98 you bring up the "Close Window" box by Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time. Not sure what ME requires. Leave Explorer and System Tray running and then try the install.

This may be a warning that you have too many applications starting up with your pc that aren't really needed to always be running and draining your sustem resources. You have plenty of RAM.

Check out this site for programs that run at startup and whether you can safely stop them from running at startup.

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm

:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!