1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sims hotdate game

Discussion in 'Games' started by bevp, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bevp

bevp Thread Starter

i know this is a new game. but if anybody has a clue i'd appreciate any help. i have a hewlett packard pent 3 computer. ok it loads the game but as soon as i go to go downtown or click on any house it throws me out of the game into the desktop plus it changes my fonts into larger letters and takes away my taskbar. i did what they said make sure nothing in background is running tryed changing from 32 to 16 bit. moved the hardware accelerator to basic nothing makes a difference. thanks for any help :confused: :)

2. winkpc

winkpc

I had the same problem with Living Large crashing to the desktop and solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling. Have you tried that with Hot Date? Check out the official Sims site for info on game crashing too and you can go to Sims Watch newsgroup on yahoo. They usually have some helpful ideas in the FAQ and from the various subscribers. If you've been downloading user objects, skins,etc. into your Sims games before this, they can also be causing the problem. Do you have File Cop? You can get it on the Sims site and use it to check those files that you've downloaded. Some things running in the background like anti-virus programs can also cause the game to crash or hang. When I play, I usually just shut off everything else until I'm finished playing. Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!