1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sims won't save

Discussion in 'Games' started by pirx, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirx

pirx Thread Starter

I have the Sims Double Deluxe set (incl. House Party) and Unleashed. They seem to run okay for the most part, but I cannot ever save a game. I simply get a message that an error was encountered while trying to save. The game will keep running with the cursor stuck as an hourglass, though it becomes a little unstable after that. I can usually just quit the game without saving, and there are no further problems.

I suspect it might be one of those infamous XP compatibility issues (I'm running XP professional), but I've never read of anyone else having this problem with the Sims. Any suggestions?

2. wiseguyz408

wiseguyz408

A friend of mine came across the same issue, as I recall the only way he fixed it was by un/re installing The Sims and X-Pacs one by one. If you do this make sure you have your CD keys for each disk at hand for they will be needed for installation.

Another suggestion would be goign to the sims website and downloading the sims file cop and running it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223593

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice