Simulation Softwares for networking

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iamnumair

I am doing a networking project for MS degree here in Pakistan. I opted to use a network simulator for the project. But i have some concerns related to GNS 3 simulator, if it will deliver the required results. I have to simulate the performances of IPv4 and IPv6 with dynamic routing protocols RIP, OSPF and EIGRP. Parameters are the End to End Delay, packet loss and latency.

Couriant

James
If the simulator was recommended by your school that you are doing the degree in, then I would think it will do what you need to do.

iamnumair

no, i am doing it on my own. i wanted to know that if GNS3 simulator is necessary or can i use a lighter version which is packet tracer from CISCO.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online