1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Singing Coach

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Spop, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Spop

Spop Thread Starter

Has anybody had experience with carry-a-tune's Singing Coach? I'm trying to look for a good vocal training software.

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

I have found that all music tutorial software is pretty much useless and only works as an adjunct to real lessons.

3. Spop

Spop Thread Starter

Well I don't know about that. I have been singing for sometime now. I don't want to take real lessons because I'm lazy and I want to things on my own time. I seen the commercial for singing coach on tv, but I can't decide if I want to get it. It claims to improve your pitch and it comes with a cool looking headset mic.

4. t bone

t bone

something like this perhaps...
    nothing will do it for u, you have to put the time in.:p

5. Spop

Spop Thread Starter

Yeah. that is good too, but I still can't decide if I want to buy Vocal Coach.

6. Spop

Spop Thread Starter

Hear is a article that I found.

Attached Files:

7. t bone

t bone

here's a review i found:

This program has quirky characters that teach you the basics of singing, such as breathing, posture and warm ups. Being able to see what pitch you are hitting helps a lot to strengthen the beginning singer.

The reason I gave this only 3 stars, however, is that once you are done with the basics, the only thing that the program can give you is your pitch history while singing one of the songs. While this is a useful information, there isn't a wide enough varity in songs to make using this feature terribly fun and there aren't lessons to encourage you to work through the songs in a specific order.

I was also quite disappointed with their online song library. This version comes with 4 free songs to down load from their song library, and I only found two that I was even willing to sing and have a vague liking for. None of my favorite songs were there. The lists of songs were quite small. They also, beyond the 4 free songs, want to charge what I think is an outragous charge per song.

Get this if you are a rank beginner or need help with your pitch and are happy practicing on public domain folk songs. It's a fine piece of software if that's what you are looking for.

i got this from "carry a tune" regarding there return policy:

We thank you for your inquiry; if the product is purchased the customer has 30days to decide whether or not he/she is satisfied. If the customer returns the product within the 30 days he/she will be credited the price of the product. The shipping cost is a non-refundable fee that is paid for shipment.

8. Spop

Spop Thread Starter

Ok. I like the idea of it teaching the basics of singing, but the rest I'm not sure about. Can you give me some examples of what songs you get? Also once you complete your basics I wonder can you star over and get even better?

9. t bone

t bone

here's a link to there forum maybe you can ask some people who actually use the product. good luck:eek:

10. Spop

Spop Thread Starter

Thanks.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice