Single input headset mic not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AgileWhisk

I have a new headset that has a single black cable, my laptop also has only one black audio port. However when it's plugged in, only the headset works and it uses my internal mic. I have check the recording devices when i plug it in and it detects no new devices.

Would a third party audio manager solve this problem?

plodr

Liz
I found 2 possible solutions depending on what the sound chip is.

1. Try going into Control Panel and selecting SmartAudio if you have it. Go to Audio Director and choose Multi-Stream. This enables the 2-in-1 jack socket to be for both microphone and speakers. You may still have to go to Manage Audio Devices in Control Panel to select your defaults i.e. turn off the on-board laptop microphone etc.

(I don't have Smart Audio in my Control Panel).

2. 1)Control Panel
2)Realtek HD Audio Manager
3)To the right click the black circle
4)select Headset
That worked for me you might have to go into the mic tab and click the circle again but i kept doing that and it finally worked.

(I do have Realtek HD Audio Manager but I don't own a headset/mic single cord to test this.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online