1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Single mouse click acts like a double-click

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amaul, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amaul

amaul Thread Starter

Just a goofy phenomena that seems to be puzzling me. Each time I single click on a desktop icon, it acts like it was double clicked and opens the file/program. When single clicking on a scroll-bar to the right of a window, it acts like it was double clicked, traveling much further down the screen than expected.

I'm using Windows ME. My mouse is an IBM Scrollpoint II, 3-button mouse with a small scroll pivot-lever. Any assistance to solve this problem will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Moonshine17c

Moonshine17c

Hi there Amaul,

One thing to check is go into the 'mouse properties' in the 'Control Panel' and under the 'Buttons' tab there will be an option for 'Files and Folders'. Make sure the 'double-click to open an item' is selected.

Hope this helps.

3. rebon

rebon

Sounds dodgy that, may be a virus , check for that.
    Also try another mouse if you have one , may be a faulty mouse.

thx...rob

4. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

i think moonshine hit it in between the eyes- i actually always have liked my mouse to be set to single click to open programs etc....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/183498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice