Single user Unix OS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Richard Baldwin

Does anyone know of such a thing? I want to learn Unix but can't manage the prices I've found on the web. Any advice will be appreciated!
ichard Baldwin

You could try Fedora Core 3. It's related to Red Hat, but its different. It's also free. I personally use it and I like it. I'm not sure how easy it is to learn, considering it was not the first Linux OS I tried.

Here's the website http://fedora.redhat.com/

Richard:
Not a very helpful post from me here but I just wanted to let you know that I've yet to run across Unix available free anywhere. There are some *nix variants that are more similar to Unix than others. For that, I will let one of the experts here give their opinion.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online