Single vertical line on screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robincvt

Hello,
Simply put, I opened up my Dell Insprion 15 Series 5000 yesterday, and there is a single vertical light colored line about 1.5 inches around the left edge, the laptop is able a year old. I"ve already updated my graphic card drivers and the computer drivers. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers. So, any help would be so appreciated.

Usually, a single, vertical line on the screen indicates a screen failure (hardware) problem. Just to be thorough; though, you should.
Force it off by holding the power button down for 6 seconds.
Take out the battery and unplug the ac adapter from the laptop.
Try to turn it on (this drains all of the remaining power so it really is off)
Put the battery back in, plug in the ac adapter, and try turning it back on.

If that doesn't fix it, its a bad LCD, a loose or bad LCD cable, or a bad system board (most people call them motherboards).
What is the service tag number of the Dell?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online