1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Single window/many docs in word 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jbcalg, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jbcalg

jbcalg Thread Starter

dreamboat, and all

i've seen many threads asking about why word2000 insists on opening a separate window for each .doc (...for our convenience n'est-ce pas)

found this page and fix - works nicely - you get one word window and the open docs listed in the 'window' choice on the menu bar - just like old times LOL
    this site

it's done through a start up .dot and causes a little 'flash' as you open subsequent docs (think the subsequent window does open, but then closes quickly, leaving access through the first window)

i like it

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    jb: No offense, but I hated that workaround. I have often offered the file to others, they take it, try it, and agree. HOWEVER! Like you, I'm sure there are many others out there that will like it.

3. jbcalg

jbcalg Thread Starter

hmmm, it was a new one to me, hadn't seen it/noticed it before

and can't say i'm thrilled with the little 'flash' as a new window is opened, then quickly closed

but i'm also not thrilled with having the task bar cluttered up with multiple words if i'm working on a few docs

hobson's choice - i'll run it for a while, then decide which is the lesser of two evils

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hey, I'll prolly be busy next few days, so: Have a happy holiday, JB, and just want to let you know that it's nice to have yet another Office-literate in here that's a regular visitor. I used to hate when I'd miss a day or two only to find "my work" piling up on me. Now, I come in and you've answered questions before I even had a chance. And the best part, your answers are (IMHO) RIGHT.

Very cool.

5. jbcalg

jbcalg Thread Starter

LOL

thanks, it's been a long haul since the Word Perfect - Dos days (which was a fine program even in early Windows 3.1 days), and i use the office products constantly - so hopefully i've picked up a few tricks and tips along the way - and i've probably run into a lot of the problem areas too (the hard way of course!)

if you haven't seen them - there's some animated christmas cards by jacquie lawrence that are nice

best wishes and enjoy the spirit of the season.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice