1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Siri says "No Email"-- but have Gmail app working fine??

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by letchworth, Sep 3, 2018.

1. letchworth

letchworth Thread Starter

When I first set up my iPhone 7, I set up Gmail on the Mail app. Gmail notified me that they had their own app, so I installed that and eventually removed Gmail from the Email app. Everything seems to be working fine, gmail operates as expected.
    However, when I say, "Hey Siri please send an email to Jim", I am told that "Uh oh... you don't have an email account set up yet."
    "Just launch the Mail app... it will guide you through the setup process".

I told Siri to open gmail and she complies-- but even with the program open she says, "Uh oh... you don't have an email account set up yet."

Shouting, "What do you think gmail is???" has no effect---

As I said earlier, I had originally set up gmail under email--- but that caused other problems/confusions like receiving incoming email in both gmail & email--- and duplicate instances of contacts derived from both instances.

I could send everything as texts if I have cell numbers for recipients "Hey, Siri--- send a text to Jim"---- but sometimes only email is appropriate or available.

Is there a way to do what I am wanting to do with iPhone 7?? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    letchworth

2. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Hello there! Would it be feasible to establish the gmail account on your mail app for the purpose of Siri? I imagine what is happening is Siri doesn't recognize the Gmail app as an "authorized" email app.

3. letchworth

letchworth Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply- I think that is the route to go, seems strange to have to do it that way, but I'm new to iphones & that may just be their way of doing it.
    thank you
    letchworth

Drabdr likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice