1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Site Blocked After I Try To Make A Post?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tanner8, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tanner8

Tanner8 Thread Starter

Hey, I have this problem on a specific forum. It lets me login, but when I try to make a post, the second I hit the "Post Reply" button, the site gets blocked from my computer. Right away it goes to "Connecting to ..." and I lose all connection to the site before the post is made. I then cannot access the site again for at LEAST 4 hours. Then when I finally get back on, I try again and the same thing will happen. I am sure the issue resides on my computer, not the site, because I was able to access the same site on another computer with my Ethernet cord in. Then when I swapped it back to the original setup, I still couldn't access it. I can post and reply on another computer, just not mine.

I am on Windows Vista x64, I tried this on 3 browsers, IE, FF, Safari, same problem on all. Idk what it is, my computer pretty much blacklists this site after I click the post button. I shut my firewall off, and still no good. I am out of ideas on why this is happening, what should I do?

Thanks!

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

What security programs are you using pleae ?

3. Tanner8

Tanner8 Thread Starter

Symantec Endpoint Protection. Even when I disable it, it doesn't work. I even shut the windows one too.

4. srhoades

srhoades

Isn't Endpoint Protection a commercial product? Are you doing this from work?

5. Tanner8

Tanner8 Thread Starter

The university I go to requires an anti-virus program and they give it out for free. I chose this one.

6. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

maybe the uni has blocked the forum

7. Tanner8

Tanner8 Thread Starter

I have to make posts on other peoples computers because mine doesn't work. I even plugged my Ethernet cable into their computer and it worked! AND ontop of that, I am home for thanksgiving and brought my whole computer home with me. Even at home I am having the same exact problem. It is something on my computer that gets triggered and blacklists the site for a certain time-span.

8. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Are you using malwarebytes

9. Tanner8

Tanner8 Thread Starter

I do have that program, yes.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice