1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

site disappeared from google

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by BrianM86, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianM86

BrianM86 Thread Starter

I've met with an odd problem. I just launched a sort of social networking site. I decided to market the site by including a wordpress blog and hopefully gaining some niche recognition. I posted one roughly five hundred word post which google picked up on almost immediatley. I then went to a few blogs to leave comments and my url to hopefully generate some traffic from other people on those blogs. I thought this is what I was supposed to do but now google has banished any words that I have written in my blog post from their index. My blog url still appears on the index but only includes the boilerplate worpress welcome message dated in October. If I search for any of the phrases I get nothing. My comments weren't spammy. They were coherent, relevant and in most cases the longest comments there. I left my url in the box calling for it. I asked this question over at google product forums and was given no real advice. Can anyone clarify for me what happened or what I can do?

thanks

2. bkmgy

bkmgy

Sign-in to to your Google Webmaster Tools and you will see all issues with you site as seen by Google. If dont have an account, then it is a must for any website owner, so sign-up right away.

3. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Also while your there in G Webmaster Tools take a look at rich data snippets and this article may also be of use:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice