1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Site forums

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Kanden, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kanden

Kanden Thread Starter

I have several google sites for information and storage, but the one i am working on right now is for a game i play and i am putting all information, maps, mods, and whatever else i find on it. I would also like to put forums on for guests to talk to eachother, but this has not been working. The gadgets i have tried have been poor at best, and none of my code seems to work. Gadget suggestionds or code would be greatly appreciated:confused:

2. DaBeers

DaBeers

In order to offer assistance, a little more information would be useful.

For instance, are you running on Linux or Windows? What server language are you writing the site in? Will you want to be able to customize the forum system to match your current layout? Do you run a MySql, Sql Server, or other database?

Once you can answer these questions, your list of possibilities will be much more manageable.

gl,

3. Kanden

Kanden Thread Starter

I running windows, using html comp.language. I just want a forum so that guests can talk with eachother and answer eachothers questions(sort of like this).

4. JiminSA

JiminSA

I have heard good reports about phpBB... Might be worth a looksee...:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063813