1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sitecom V.90 USB Modem Windows 7-64 drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Keebellah, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Hans
    I've had this modem for ages and haven't used it for several years.
    Now, running W7-64 I need to send a FAX so now and then. I've been able to do so at my office, but since my retirement, the access to a fax machine means printing and going out to the office to fax, It is incidental but still, some companies require a fax as proof of purchase, order, whatever, even banks.
    I've searched but cannot find any driver that works or is recognized by the USB mode.
    Sitecom E500 V.90 USB Modem
    I've tried contacting SItecom support but one of the fields you have to enter is an order number so I cannot use the on-line form. Phonenumbers are not whown so I do not think that Sitecom is that userfriendly site you would expect..
    Does anyone know how I could find a suitable driver? The modem is recognized when I plug it in to a usb port but then after searching it comes up with no driver found (Internet or HDD) I do not have the CD anymore, cannot find it.
    In the configuration panel it shows up as unknown device and that's it.
    Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance:)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6143 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: Many
    Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Benicia
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Lots of Sitecom E500 drivers here
    http://www.uyc.nu/download_driver.php?driver_review=46681&driver=sitecom_e500_

Caution: first you have to type in to prove you are human. The next page that loads wants you to download a program to look over your software and drivers. AVOID! Don't click on any of the large blue download buttons.
    Instead scroll to the very bottom and there is a gray button to download the Sitecom E500 driver. I clicked it and it say locating drivers. I did not get the driver to download but perhaps if you have the hardware on your computer it will download.

3. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi, thanks for the link, I had found that one too, and like you said I avoided all the other buttons but once you press the grey one I get the same site again and it starts all over.

I'll try and see if I can find the original cd that came with the modem, it must be someplace :), I'll leave the post open and update regularly.
    Thanks for the effort and tip.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Well I used a throw away email address and contacted them.

I asked if the site was a scam. If not I told them they could prove it by either emailing the driver as an attachment or sending a link to the page that actually downloads the driver.

I'll post back what I hear. If I get no reply, I shall be posting at several forums I go to to avoid that site for driver downloads because it is bogus. They might not be too happy when the google search results start showing the site is a scam.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I rarely need to scan and save and print a document that needs to be faxed.

But on the rare occasion that I do, I use this free on-line site that allows me to fax a document straight from my computer.

No phone line or fax machine is needed.

https://faxzero.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  7. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    All true, and yes I do not need it often and maybe buying a new USB fax modem is the easiest.
    @flavallee: it seesm that faxzero only allows to send fvrom the US, I mailed them to see if I can also use the service from outside the US.
    We used to have this similar service here but since the use of FAX has dropped they took it off-line.

I think if I keep on searching I'll find something.
    Thanks for all the tips, hints and suggestions :)

8. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Oops! Sorry. I didn't know that.

I just read the site again. It faxes only in the U.S.A. and Canada.

---------------------------------------------------------

9. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Yeah, it's a pity. I'm not giving up. I've got the hardware so ... I even got an old PCMI modem, but ... my PC doesn't have a PCMI card reader :mad:

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144686

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice