1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sites not showing images/flash content

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kiwilion, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kiwilion

kiwilion Thread Starter

Browser
    firefox latest

Problem
    some sites will look funny and not load properly (eg.no images and links scattered randomly one under the other on the page). things like chat applets fail to load.

Background Info
    firefox--->add ons show latest version of shockwave flash installed now after i tried a lot. i was not able to install it from the usual online version of adobe flash (where you press the yellow button on their site). But i was able to get it onto firefox by installing an "off line version" of it i found somehwere online.

all this started 3 days ago and had no problems before that.

things ive tried at
    Running the more common online flash installer at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ fails as it says "Connecting...and is always at 0% for over 30 mins.

Windows defender did not give any message of a virus being detected in real time. Running malwarebytes showed no threats.

Restarted in safe mode with networking. could not run flash installer then either. somehow networking wasnt available..tried this twice..no network.

Your help greatly appreciated

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. kiwilion

kiwilion Thread Starter

ok..i tried all of that and it still failed.

but something very strange i did worked!
    i right clicked on one of the image thumbs of a person in the chatroom..clicked "copy image locattion"..and opened that link in new tab...so only the image showed on that tab...

now, when i went back to chatroom, EVERYONE's image and website is showing 100% fine..refreshed...no problem..all fixed...and all other sites with the issue fixed too..

how can you explain that? what happened when i copied that image loation and opened in new tab? very bizzare solution lol

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice