1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

size of a image on a specific layer in photoshop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Pgeen, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pgeen

Pgeen Thread Starter

I had the same problem as Nawlins in 2008: who had the question: "Is there a way in photoshop cs3 to determine the size of an image that has been resized with the transform control? I want a series of images in different layers all exactly the same size but have only been able to accomplish this by figuring it out manually through using the ruler."

I was have the same problem, and I found this solution and wanted to pass it on.

First I went to Edit, Preferences, Units & Rulers and selected "pixels" in the ruler and type of the Units section.

Then I went to the layer with the image I wanted to know the size of and selected it with the Free Transform tool. Then I went to Window, Info and you can see the size of the image in pixels in the info panel.

Hope that helps anyone that was having the same problem. :)

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

This is interesting .... Many Thanks.
    And Welcome to the TSG forum.

3. Peano

Peano Banned

Or, just Ctrl-click the resized layer to select it, and read the W and H on the info panel.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055538