1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skilljam games hacked?

Discussion in 'Games' started by dobiusmax, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dobiusmax

dobiusmax Thread Starter

I'm new here, so please excuse the lack of "techiness". Does anyone know anything about Skilljam games, and the possibility that someone can hack in and set themselves up to win all games they play? I played several tournament games today of a game called Dynomite. Numerous times, I lost to another player who achieved an unbelievably high score of 26,990. These were all different tournaments with different game set ups, but still this person won with the exact same score each time. I contacted customer support and they said that such score is achievable. I was not questioning if the score was achievable, I was questioning if it didn't seem odd to them that this same person was getting the same score on ALL the games they played. I would think that the numbers should be at least 10, 20, or so different with playing in different tournaments. Am I just paranoid, or does this sound strange to anyone else out there?

2. michael_jii

michael_jii

i haven't heard of the games, but that sounds almost impossible

3. Svenmonkey

Svenmonkey

I haven't heard of them either, but in the case of a lot of online games, people who are new to the game tend to do a lot worse than those who've been playing for a while and blame it on the good person cheating.

4. michael_jii

michael_jii

hmm, but a consistant score of exactly the same figure sounds a bit dodgy

5. nosaint

nosaint

same game, same website "skilljam" there is a guy doing 29480 points. that means he clear all those 20 rows in just 5 shots. and this is impossible. skilljam suport hasn't replyed yet :)

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well, the person may have played it so much that he/she could know all the finishing moves, but then again, I don't know the game. Can someone furnish me with the website for the game, maybe email me or pm me.

7. Cris_Cr0ss

Cris_Cr0ss

This is like the man who beat Super Mario Brothers 3 in 11 minuetes. Could it be, that he hacked the system off course not he probly just played everyday for 15 hours until he knew he could go for a record. of 11 minuets.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Which game on the site is he doing it on?

Also there has been some programs to hack and find the winning combinations so.... it's possible but highly unlikely.

9. Di3t_C0ke

Di3t_C0ke Banned

um about the MARIO 3, 11minute feat...my freind u were duped. It was found out that the guy used a emulator and sped the game up and use infinite life cheats to do this...

10. colman77

colman77

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    no kidding! Must have clocked a few years playing it! :D

12. pennapeach

pennapeach

Skill Jam is a scam. They "suspended" my account shortly after I deposited additional funds and will not reply as to why.
    As I have been researching them on the internet, I have found numerous similar complaints from others on the web. Customer service does not respond.
    This company is in the US so make your complaints about their fradulent activity known to your state and federal authorities as well as any credit card company or pay pal account that you have.
    Let's all stop Skill Jam from operating!!!!!

13. RMohrUAB

RMohrUAB

Same score every game to win every match ... that was me. I played under the name UABJourneyman. There was a discussion in one of the forums that told how you could make very high scoring combinations by throwing extra eggs into a stack and then shooting it down. This would be done until the maximum score was near, and then pick and choose combinations to end up with the same score each time.

Over the last 3 years +/- I've made about $50k at that game.

The reason for my post is now that they've merged with World Winner they've changed their policy. Once you **really** learn how to play a game they block you from it.

I'm not complaining, I made plenty. Just now anybody that ever masters a game like I did won't be able to reap the rewards.

Play at Skill Jam at your own risk!

UABJ

14. LeslieMac

LeslieMac

My experience with Skilljam is that I was ripped off. I made three deposits into skilljam through my paypal account, and never received the money in my skilljam account. I have emailed customer service dozens of times and have gotten no reply. They simply took my money..and nothing happened. I contacted them by phone at 617-614-3700 and the lady that answered the phone said she couldn't help, and there was no one available that could help..transferred me to a voice mail that no one responded to. Be careful..once they debit your paypal or bank account, there is absolutely nothing you can do..you're scammed..and they will not respond at all. I have filed two complaints with Paypal..but doubt there is a thing they can do either. Anyone else with same experience with Skilljam or Worldwinner please speak up.

15. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The Better Business Bureau should be able to help you since they are based in the US. And I think the Internet Gaming Commission (or which ever body is in charge) would help too. I will ask a few of our members here that are lawyers to see who would cover that.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice