1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skip the vids in Diablo II:LoD

Discussion in 'Games' started by asbo, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asbo

asbo Thread Starter

How can I get Diablo II:LoD to skip the "BLIZZARD" logo movies at beginning? I find them rather irritating, and make a my vid card change more resolutions than nessecary (its rather old :))

Thanks,

asbo

2. Huon

Huon

Left hand mouse button click works for me. My son says he uses esc. Take your choice :)

3. asbo

asbo Thread Starter

Sorry, should have been clearer; I do skip the movies useing the mouse, keyboard whatever, but I was wondering if there was a way, via a reg edit or something like that, to skip them entirely, as in the don't even try to play. I'll poke around and see if I can find anything.

Thanks,
    asbo

4. exocet

exocet

If i remember correctly, it plays the movies off of the CD. There is a way to play the game without using the CD. Do a search on google and you'll be sure to find something.

5. asbo

asbo Thread Starter

Hmm, yes, I've head of the "No-CD cracks" but I really don't to use one of those, just to get rid of movies. I guess I'll have to live with it. BLASTED BLIZZARD! :D

Thanks,
    asbo

6. exocet

exocet

It's not a crack. It requires copying some files off the CD onto the harddrive. I don't remember if it involves overwriting the .exe file with another. In fact, it may even be posted in Blizzards site under support. But it's been a long time since i've played.

7. wedor

wedor

It's a crack, there is no Blizzard authorized no-CD method for running the game.

8. exocet

exocet

Thanks, it's been too long =]
    I just remember that that method worked well to get rid of the video, while still keeping music.

9. McTimson

McTimson

You could run it in a window, but then the whole game is in a window. That's all I can think of, I haven't been able to find any other way, except for the cd crack thing.To do it, make a shortcut, then add -w to the end of it. Ex. "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice