1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skipping Keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sefsewaet, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sefsewaet

sefsewaet Thread Starter

Hello,

Thank you for reading my issue.

I have been having problems with my keyboard. Especially when i type in forms and forums online. More rarely for emails and word documents - but a little/

The letters I type do not always show on screen. I spoke to Gateway tech and they sent me a new keyboard as I am under warranty. I cannot type normally as I need to go back and retype missing letters, etc.

I went in to control panel and set the repeat settings to the fastest rate.

It does not help.

Any suggestions as to why a fairly new keyboard and now a new keyboard would skip typing letters?

When i originally submtted this to Gatewy, the tech said it might be a motherboard problem but would start with the replacement of the keyboard. Now i have a tech that wants me to use the "restore" feature and go back to when the keyboard was working. Well, much time has gone by i am hesitatant to do this.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone may have for this situation.

Thank you.

Sefs

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

The first thing I would do, because it's quick and free, is reinstall the driver:

Go to your control panel, then System, then Hardware, and Device Manager.

Find the keyboard--and click on properties, then reinstall driver. Use the Windows native driver. There may be a few of them, so you can try a couple of different ones if nothing is working.

Check the connector on the back of your keyboard to see if something is obviously broken or wrong with it as well.

3. sefsewaet

sefsewaet Thread Starter

ok, thank you.. i will try your suggestions and see if it is the remedy.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice