1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skipping when watching streaming videos

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Norbert77, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norbert77

Norbert77 Thread Starter

I have Vista, my PC has Pentium dual 2.6, 2Gb Ram and 320 Gb HD, plus Intel integrated sound and graphics cards.
    Since some time ago I have been experiencing troubles when watching videos either on youtube or any other on-line streaming sites. The videos download quickly, the strip showing progress shows they are downloaded all the way through, however, the picture is not flowing evenly. Every few seconds there is like an half-second freeze. The sound is flawless, the only trouble is the vision.
    It looks like skipping some short moments, sometimes it literally looks like I was watching some old mute movies, where the picture was like a sequence of pictures.
    I cleared the cache, deleted temporary internet files, reinstalled Firefox, reinstalled Adobe macromedia, checked internet connection, nothing works.
    When I check task manager it shows that the processor and ram is not fully used, so it looks like the machine is not overloaded.
    What should i do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice