1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

skirr7y528268.exe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mrc58, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrc58

mrc58 Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me what this program is? Everytime I start my computer I get a message that there has been a problem with this program and it is shutting down.
    Thank you.

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

It's not a known file.. Have you tried clearing all temp files and the prefetch folder?

3. mrc58

mrc58 Thread Starter

I just checked my temp files. Nothing there.

4. mrc58

mrc58 Thread Starter

I found it in the prefetch folder. What is that folder and what is all that stuff? Can I clear that folder?
    Thank you

5. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Try going to start,run, and typing %temp% and hit enter. Clear those files... then go to the prefetch folder in Windows and see if it shows there. Then try this utility to clean all other folders. http://www.atribune.org/content/view/25/2/
    Do a search for the folder in question and delete it.. If you still have problem after that post a HJT log for the security guys to look at.

6. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

The prefetch folder is supposed to make things start faster, but there is lots of debate as to if it actually does.. just as there is lots of debate as to empying the contents speeds up your pc. But it is safe to remove all the contents.

7. mrc58

mrc58 Thread Starter

Thanks a lot. You helped a bunch.

8. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

Welcome.. :) If after you restart and the message is gone you can mark your thread solved by using the 'Thread Tools' at the top.

9. mrc58

mrc58 Thread Starter

It's back. I tried everything and it keeps returning. I tried that cool little cleaner program. I even went in and manually deleted it. Next time I powered up it was back and I got the same message.

10. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

That was why I suggested re-starting to make sure. I think now it's time to post a HJT log and let the security folks have a look.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice