1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sky router error codes

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TheHeron, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheHeron

TheHeron Thread Starter

I am continually having problems with my sky (netgear) dg834gt router connecting to the internet. When the problem occurs the test button returns "error code 300". The router is connected directly to the BT test socket so is not influenced by any in house wiring.
    What does error code 300 mean and where can i find a list of error codes - I have searched the netgear site and the rest of the net to no avail.
    Could my problem be due to a fault on the BT line?
    Any advice would be useful.
    Thanks
    BobM

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

3. TheHeron

TheHeron Thread Starter

Thanks for the link - some useful info.
    I should have mentioned that the noise margin (connected to the test socket) is around 5db and often goes lower. I am I right in assuming it should be much higher than this? And this is the probable cause of loss of connection?
    Thanks
    BobM

4. TheHeron

TheHeron Thread Starter

Also what noise margin levels should I expect to see?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595397