1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skydrive PC App refuses to upload >300Mb

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by prprior, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. prprior

prprior Thread Starter

I have loaded Skydrive PC app. I have upgraded my Skydrive capacity to 107 GB.
    I am trying to load Outlook pst files of 1,149,249 kb.
    Message says "File couldn't be added because it is larger than 300 Mb. To add files up to 2 Gb get the Skydrive App"
    BUT I HAVE LOADED AND AM USING THE SKYDRIVE PC APP.
    Lots of available capacity on my drive or on my Skydrive.
    Ideas to resolve?

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    What Windows OS are you using?

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yikes, using a PST file from an online drive sounds like a recipe for disaster and if it's even work it'd be painfully slow.

I think you must copy the file from the SkyDrive using the SkyDrive App in order to use it.

4. prprior

prprior Thread Starter

Win8. I am only backing up the pst data to the Skydrive. tired of continually losing my email history and this seems a good solution to enable me to rescue it.

Seems I am using the "incorrect" Skydrive app. Apparently there are several. Will try and establish which is the "correct" one.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    How are you trying to back it up? Copy and Pasting it into the SkyDrive folder or another method?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086775

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice