1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skype and VPN - Please help

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Weirdzaid, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Weirdzaid

Weirdzaid Thread Starter

Righty, where i live, the country has blocked skype, so i was advised to use a VPN , and i purchased a few vpns, the problem im facing here is,

Vpn is working lovely, i access any site, anything, just the fact, everytime i try to log on Skype, and enter correct user and pass , the whole wireless and internet dies, and im obligated to go to the router and restart the router, and it just keeps happenning and skype never works it just never works, ive tried vpn , hotspot shield, everything, people claim using a vpn for them works, and i know its not my laptop , cuz ive tried it on my desktop and laptop, same outcome, help please.

2. Natind

Natind

Try disabling uPNP in your modem. That worked for me

3. Weirdzaid

Weirdzaid Thread Starter

uPNP what is that how do u do it.

4. Natind

Natind

Are you using Broadband - What type of modem (brand name) of do you use to connect to the Internet?

5. Weirdzaid

Weirdzaid Thread Starter

I use wireless internet dsl i think thts broadband ? and um i use Siemens Gigaset SE568

6. Natind

Natind

You need to the Siemens site to set your modem try http://10.0.0.138. You will have to log in as the administrator to make any changes to the modem . I use Siemens Speedstream 4200.

7. Weirdzaid

Weirdzaid Thread Starter

Fixed
    thank you

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice