Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skype audio problems

751 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
I am trying to help someone with Skype. The problem is no audio, either on a computer or iPhone.

In either case, there are no problems with the video. With the iPhone 6S, only noise is heard. The computer is Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 64 bit with i3 processor and 4 GB or RAM, and the audio is totally silent, not even any noise.

Both devices have been tested to verify microphones/speakers are working (by connecting to music, for example, or, in the case of the phone microphone, placing calls).

The latest version of Skype has been downloaded to each device.

The speakers on the computer were verified as unmuted; the Skype audio test worked. Nevertheless, I cannot hear my contact, and my contact cannot hear me, although we can see each other.

I successfully tested the audio on my computer, using both the Skype audio test and Control Panel/Sound/Playback/Test

I have searched the internet and both the "Web & Email" and "All Other Software" forums of this web site, but could not identify anything relevant.

BTW, I had my contact install and run the latest version of Malwarebytes, but that made no difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.