Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skype Chat Privacy

969 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Hi, I was wondering whether there was a way to stop people trying to add me on Outlook chat, I'm not sure if its called that or msn chat (the one with the speech bubble on the side of Outlook email). Someone added me impersonating a family member, I declined the request and blocked them but I didn't now it was possible for anyone to add me randomly and I've had the account 7+ years. I can't find anything to help me under the 'security and privacy' tab of Account settings. Thank you.

#2 ·
Hi I just realised its called a Skype chat, and since my post another stranger has added me, I clearly remember a few years ago I made sure no one could randomly add me in settings, but with the new interface of Skype I don't know how to do this again. I've googled it, it says to bring up charms by moving the cursor to the right but I don't think that's a feature anymore. Account Settings is as far as I've got, but I can't find privacy settings anywhere.

#6 ·
I may be wrong but if you're using the app Skype I believe it doesn't have all of the features of the full desktop version (there may be some workarounds but it seems like you have to jump through hoops to get there). I suggest downloading the full Desktop version for Windows and then you should have the menu bar so you can change those privacy settings.

#7 ·
I may be wrong but if you're using the app Skype I believe it doesn't have all of the features of the full desktop version (there may be some workarounds but it seems like you have to jump through hoops to get there). I suggest downloading the full Desktop version for Windows and then you should have the menu bar so you can change those privacy settings.
Would I have to change my username? I've been looking on Skype help forums and it seems like its a common problem, people getting messages from people they have blocked. I think I'll download it if I get inundated with messages but for now its not that bad, just keep blocking and hoping for the best. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.