1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skype crash

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by steelangel18, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steelangel18

steelangel18 Thread Starter

Hi! I need help. I have a skype problem. It crashes whenever I do screen shares or video calls. It says access violation. My friend says it's a Directx problem. I checked my Directx and I'm using the latest directx. I have Windows 7 starter and the latest version of Skype - 6.3.0.107.

I am using Windows 7 Starter, Acer D270

What I already did:

- Reformatted my laptop
    - Installed a chipset driver for Acer - based on my friend's advice
    - Installed Directx 11 - based on my friend's advice. I already have, yes, but he says the directx installed on my system might have been corrupted already.

I don't know what solution is left. Would it help if I change my OS into Windows XP using the same Directx 11? Is it something to do with my video card or any programs that might have problems or incompatibility with Skype? My friends who use skype doesn't seem to have problems with their latest skype version. I only got this when my skype was updated.

2. Sponsor

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

The exact error will likely be needed (assuming it provides more information than just "access violation"). Otherwise everyone is simply guessing what could be wrong.

A few thoughts:

1) reformatting would have already restored DirectX, so there wasn't a need to reinstall again. Not that it hurt anything.

2) you can't use DirectX 11 with XP.

3) I'd suspect an audio/video issue. Or even something simple like the firewall or AV software.

You can try using the Skype support site: https://support.skype.com/en/

4. marbski

marbski

try to uninstall the skype and install back....

5. steelangel18

I already did :( Still the error continues

6. steelangel18

I usually have this access violation error:

Access violation at address 0785B5B7 in module igdumd32.dll Read of address 0DB91000

I notice that I continually get errors with the same module igdumd32.dll. I learned that this module is an Intel Graphics Accelerator of some sort. So how to solve with this error? Can I uninstall igdumd32.dll?

7. steelangel18

I usually have this access violation error:

Access violation at address 0785B5B7 in module igdumd32.dll Read of address 0DB91000. I get this everytime I start video, screen share or any feature in Skype.

I notice that I continually get errors with the same module igdumd32.dll in Skype. I learned that this module is an Intel Graphics Accelerator of some sort. So how to solve with this error? Can I uninstall igdumd32.dll?

8. Oddba11

Oddba11

igdumd32.dll is part of the video drivers. So no, you can't uninstall it.

You can try to reinstall the existing drivers or update the drivers if there is a newer version available. If this is a laptop, get the drivers from the manufacturers website.

9. steelangel18

Hmm I think I reinstalled a chipset driver? What kind of drivers do I have to reinstall or upgrade? I did what my friend advised me. We had been trying to solve this problem. So far until now, there is no skype crash or 1gdum32.dll pop up errors. The problem is I can never be sure since the error happens randomly no matter how recent my skype version is.

I'm using a small laptop/netbook ACER d270.

10. Oddba11

Oddba11

If it's currently working, I'd leave it be.

In any case, you need the video drivers (ie: igdumd32.dll is part of the video drivers).

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100028