Skype noise

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jones-TJ

Hi;

Need help solving the problem of sound when video-calling on Skype - sound quality is poor.

When video skyping there is a hallow or echo crackling sound that I hear from my computer. It is as if it is coming from the other users computer, or the speakers aren't configured properly! I asked the caller if they can hear it & they can't, they hear me clearly.

Have done a Echo Sound Test to Skype and can hear the test service without any problems or any noises except my voice and the play back recording is clear. I checked my speakers, they appear to be working in good order, and the problem only occurs when on Skype, it gets so bad at times I can't hear the caller because of the crackling interference.

Type of laptop: Toshiba Satellitte C660-F526
Purchased: 2012
Skype Version: 6.0.0.126
Speakers: Realtek High Definition Audio

Please advise.
Jones-TJ

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can then update your Computer Spec Profile with this info.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

Jones-TJ

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1906 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 729 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 465925 MB, Free - 418475 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, PWWAA
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online