1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skype noise

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jones-TJ, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jones-TJ

Jones-TJ Thread Starter

Hi;

Need help solving the problem of sound when video-calling on Skype - sound quality is poor.

When video skyping there is a hallow or echo crackling sound that I hear from my computer. It is as if it is coming from the other users computer, or the speakers aren't configured properly! I asked the caller if they can hear it & they can't, they hear me clearly.

Have done a Echo Sound Test to Skype and can hear the test service without any problems or any noises except my voice and the play back recording is clear. I checked my speakers, they appear to be working in good order, and the problem only occurs when on Skype, it gets so bad at times I can't hear the caller because of the crackling interference.

Type of laptop: Toshiba Satellitte C660-F526
    Purchased: 2012
    Skype Version: 6.0.0.126
    Speakers: Realtek High Definition Audio

Please advise.
    Jones-TJ

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can then update your Computer Spec Profile with this info.
    Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. Jones-TJ

Jones-TJ Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 1906 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 729 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 465925 MB, Free - 418475 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, PWWAA
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice