1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skype not working?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by keithmoon, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithmoon

keithmoon Thread Starter

I'd like to first say I do feel a bit silly posting this since I'm usually good with computers. But I literally cannot figure out the problem in this instance.

I have a Samsung laptop that runs on Windows 7, I have been trying to use Skype recently but it just won't cooperate. Skype was of course already installed and I tried using that, then after seeing that that wasn't working I decided to uninstall/reinstall Skype. I have now done this 3 times. It still won't work. To describe the problem simply, Skype will open and allow me to get to the first stages of logging in. The window opens and a box appears that would allow me to type in my username, but when I try type it in none of the letters appear and I cannot move off of this screen. I recently completely reset my laptop and cannot think of any software that would be inferring with Skype working, so if anyone has any advice I would be so so appreciative. If this is not enough information to diagnose a problem, feel free to ask for more. I really would like this fixed.

Thanks everyone!

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1151470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice