Skype opens on switch on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pete-c

When I switch my computer on Skype automatically starts. I have clicked on the box to cancel this and have also deleted and reloaded Skype but it still happens.

Pete

What version of windows you using Pete?

If its vista:

Start menu:>Type "Msconfig"
>Click on the Start up tab
>Look for skype and un-tick it from the menu,

You can untick alot of startup apps from there, to boot your OS quicker, but be sure you know what your unticking before you do!!

Will require a restart after youve made changes.

Neb

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Pete:

Post a HijackThis log here of that computer. You've probably got several programs loading during startup and running in the background that don't need to be doing so. Most users are guilty of that. I'll be glad to assist you with trimming down the startup list and the services list.

--------------------------------------------------------------

pete-c

What version of windows you using Pete?

If its vista:

Start menu:>Type "Msconfig"
>Click on the Start up tab
>Look for skype and un-tick it from the menu,

You can untick alot of startup apps from there, to boot your OS quicker, but be sure you know what your unticking before you do!!

Will require a restart after youve made changes.

Neb
Neb

I am using XP.

Regards

Pete

Neb

I am using XP.

Regards

Pete

Sory pete Should have explained::rolleyes:,

Its the same procedure as Vista the only difference is:

Start>
>Run
>"MSCONFIG"
>Startup Tab
>And you Untick the unwanted.

Good luck, (y).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online