1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skyrim 100 bucks

Discussion in 'Games' started by matt316, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matt316

matt316 Thread Starter

When I try to play I get the T & L hardware message. So I'm going to have to get a graphics card. I know i could use much more ram to. But its either a graphics card or more ram lol. I Was wondering if I could get Skyrim running For under 100 dollars. I can't go a cent over 100. And if I can what should I get? But heres my PC specs. And thank you in advance.

hp pavilion a630n XP pro
    1272 RAM
    Pentium[R] 4 CPU 2.80 GHz x2
    Integrated graphics
    SATA 500GB Hard drive

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I wouldn't sink any money into that system. Save your $100 toward a new computer. That won't upgrade your current system to anything useful.

3. matt316

matt316 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. But does anyone else concur? It will be a long time before I can get more money. And this system plays other games very well for no graphics card. Like perfect world, gunz, CSS, Runes of magic. I can run all those almost lag free on low settings. Would a graphics card make a big difference?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Given the age of the computer, it's unlikely to have a power supply sufficient to power a new card.

5. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon

I agree with DoubleHelix, you could do with starting fresh and while it will cost quite a bit, it's better than sinking that $100 in to your current system.

6. ThePCguy95

ThePCguy95

Yeah, I think they are correct. But if you are able to build a system for yourself, you could make a decent one that plays most games at medium settings for around $300. I recently made one for about that much for a friend.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice