Skyrim FPS Lag

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AE6B9

Okay, so I have awful FPS lag in Skyrim whenever I play, even on low quality. I really have no idea why this is happening, I should be able to play the game on ultra quality with no lag, and have on several separate occasions. Here are the specs of my laptop:

CPU: Intel core i7-2729QM @ 2.20 GHz
RAM: 16 GB DDR3
GPU: Radeon HD 6990M
HDD: 750 GB 7,200 RPM

Whenever the A/C power cable falls out when playing, I start to get incredibly bad fps lag, if I try plugging it back in, restarting the game, or even my computer it still gives me awful lag. And the power settings are already set to high performance by the way. I've tried two different fixes for ati cards, but neither of them worked. I tried this one, and this one. So does anyone know what's causing this, and how i could fix it, I really can't play the game like this which is pretty frustrating.

Also, as a side note, this problem isn't only with Skyrim, all of my other games have also experienced a drop in FPS rate.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online