1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skyrim FPS Lag

Discussion in 'Games' started by AE6B9, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AE6B9

AE6B9 Thread Starter

Okay, so I have awful FPS lag in Skyrim whenever I play, even on low quality. I really have no idea why this is happening, I should be able to play the game on ultra quality with no lag, and have on several separate occasions. Here are the specs of my laptop:

CPU: Intel core i7-2729QM @ 2.20 GHz
    RAM: 16 GB DDR3
    GPU: Radeon HD 6990M
    HDD: 750 GB 7,200 RPM

Whenever the A/C power cable falls out when playing, I start to get incredibly bad fps lag, if I try plugging it back in, restarting the game, or even my computer it still gives me awful lag. And the power settings are already set to high performance by the way. I've tried two different fixes for ati cards, but neither of them worked. I tried this one, and this one. So does anyone know what's causing this, and how i could fix it, I really can't play the game like this which is pretty frustrating.

Also, as a side note, this problem isn't only with Skyrim, all of my other games have also experienced a drop in FPS rate.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice