1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Skytech gaming pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thatoneguylol, Apr 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Thatoneguylol

Thatoneguylol Thread Starter

My 17th birthday is soon and I want a computer. After looking through all the
    (Useless) prebuilts that still use fx processors i came across this one by skytech
    https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Arch...ech+gaming+pc&qid=1555426520&s=gateway&sr=8-7

This one has a ryzen 2600 with rx 580 4 GB vid card. 8gb ram. 500gb ssd and 500w psus.

It seems like a good deal but before buying id like to know anyone's opinion on it

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    cpu.JPG gpu.JPG

It has a very impressive processor and graphic card, and it also has a solid state drive(SSD), so that's a big plus. (y)

It has only 8 GB of DDR4 RAM, so you should add another 8 GB and run it with 16 GB.

It has a 500W power supply, but a description for it isn't provided, so hopefully it's a quality one and not a generic el-cheapo one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3. Thatoneguylol

Most reviews are good, although people are reporting different brands for some parts

4. Thatoneguylol

Also, I am going to use this computer for gaming, mostly at 1080p ultra for most triple aaa games. Would this meet my needs?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

This just my opinion however so called pre built "Gaming" systems are almost always lower in quality than selecting your own parts and doing the build OR having a local shop do a build for you.
    When I do not see a motherboard listed nor a pw supply, it makes me think the builder is using lower end parts. Just think IF you were using something like an asus ROG board, you would certainly state as such. Same with a pw supply. If you were using a high end seasonic, you would state that in the specs.
    When you think that a 580 video card and ryzen 2600 cost approx $340; that does not leave much for a motherboard, case, pw supply, hard drives, keyboard/mouse, etc.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    crjdriver is one of our hardware/gaming experts here, so I usually value his advice.

If you can get a description of the motherboard and power supply from the seller, it will be helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------

7. Thatoneguylol

Some say they get a 650 watt psus from them while others say a standard certified 500 watt. The motherboard is an a320 I believe. But as I dont not have anyone who could build me one nor the experience to build it myself this is my option. Most others I see for this price do not have near as good parts, in fact most use fx processors. Maybe one of you all have a better suggestion? My max price would probably be 700$ if anyone knows of a better deal? Like I said on all places I find it this pc has great review.

8. Thatoneguylol

In their description it says 500 watt 80 plus certified psu and a320m motherboard. I do plan on buying through amazon so if any problems arise from it I can use their money back guarantee if not the company's

Edit: I furthur looked into description and comments. The motherboard and psu all vary from person to person, everything else stays same

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is [probably] an asrock motherboard. While asrock makes some fine boards, that is not one of them. That is a very low end board using the cheapest amd chipset. In addition, it is a micro board. Those are generally designed for SFF type pc NOT a gaming system. Here is a link to the board;
    https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M/index.asp

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Here is an example of an asrock board that would actually be used in a real gaming system;
    https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X470 Taichi/index.asp
    Note the differences;
    1 Steel pci slot for the video card
    2 High end sound
    3 16 phase pw regulation
    4 Heavy duty capacitors
    5 Heat sink for the M.2 drive
    Your board does not have any of these things. Micro boards are generally used in systems that run office, do email, etc. In short they are designed for basic use NOT gaming.

11. Thatoneguylol

I know amd is mainly known for overclocking, but without me needing to do that, how would that impact the computer?

I'm talking about the motherboard, how would a cheap motherboard impact my playing games on it?

12. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Gaming systems are stressed and use high end parts. Same thing as asking what is the difference between a very basic econobox car and a Cadillac.
    BTW you are not going to overclock; 320 chipset boards do not support OC of the processor.

13. Thatoneguylol

Yes, sorry if I wasnt clear. I didnt plan to overclock. Any other suggestions? For prebuilts around that price range?

Hmmm, I looked at the links and the one you sent me about real gaming is very expensive. What about a more budget friendly option?

14. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No. As I said, buying a pre built gaming system is always a compromise. IMO a much better option is to do the build yourself OR if you are not comfortable building a system, have a local shop do the build for you.
    Note by shop, I mean just that; a real shop that does builds, installs networks, etc NOT a best buy or other chain store.

15. Thatoneguylol

I dont think i have a shop that would build one for me, small town here. And I dont have anyone to build it for me. That is why I'm having to look at prebuilts.

Thanks for the help so far! I have noticed (I have posted here before and you have been my responder) that you are not really a big fan of budget builds. Which is what I would be limited to, do you have a build ot suggest to me, (one that I will assemble at home, or hire somebody to) that would give me what i want at under 700$? Preferably a list of compatible parts that would make a decent mid-range gaming pc. Appreciate the help :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225860

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice