1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slackware 9 help!!

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by caminator, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. caminator

caminator Thread Starter

Hello,

I am VERY new to linux. I need to make this pc remote accessible, and I'm choosing to install VNC on it. I have downloaded the linux X86 version from the website and unpacked the files. I can see all the vnc files in there, but I have no clue how to install vncserver, so I can connect to it from remote places. I'm guessing yo must have to go into the terminal and run the install from there, but if so, I do not know the commands. Please Help!!

the files are:

animatedMemoryImageSource.class
    authenticationPanel.class
    clipboardFrame.class
    DesCipher.class
    index.vnc
    license.txt
    optionsFrame.class
    README
    rfbProto.class
    shared.vnc
    vncCanvas.class
    vncconnect
    vncconnect.man
    vncinstall
    vncpsswrd
    vncpsswrd.man
    vncserver
    vncserver.man
    vncviewer
    vncviewer.class
    vncviewer.jar
    vncviewer.man
    Xvnc
    Xvnc.man

Does that help at all?

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Looks like the contents of a package. I'm not familier with slackware, but I believe you'd be better off installing from source. You'd probably have to run console as root and use a
    /. install.sh command.

3. caminator

caminator Thread Starter

I have no clue what im doing...I was hoping more for an exact command if possible....? Thanks!

4. lynch

lynch

There's a README file in that list-it may contain specific installation instructions in there.I'd check that out first.
    There are a lot of VNC versions out there-if you post a link to where you got yours,it may help.:)
    lynch

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice