slackware linux Hardware problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

applecrisp

Hi I just installed slackware 10.1 on my old p2 with xfce for desktop enviroment and for some strange reason my mouse works for like a mili second the shoots off into the right hand corner and then does not respond I know the problem is not mouse cuz it works in xp pro just fine so I suppose I need to reconfigure it but I dunno how help please

What kind of mouse is it? Argh, I haven't seen a Slack install screen for ages and it doesn't help that the FreeBSD installer is so similar that it's clouding my memory right now.. it's something with xorg you can config to have certain mice installed and configured. I cannot even recall on how to enter back into the Slack install screen "sysinstall" maybe? Wish I could be more of help.. bottom line is that xorg needs to be reconfigured to support your mouse which is more than likely a USB. Good luck.

I suspect that you are right -- the problem is one of configuration. How did you configure your mouse during setup/installation? Most likely, you should have selected "bare" (i.e., MS-compatible, 2-button serial mouse). Don't worry if your mouse is made by MouseSystems or Logitech or whoever -- just choose the "bare" option, and you should be fine. To re-execute the setup/install script, do the following from the command line as root:

cd /var/adm/setup
sh setup.mouse

Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online