1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slash before all apostrophes - [PHP][Help]

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Innovati0n, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Innovati0n

Innovati0n Thread Starter

Hello! I'm going to be as detailed as I can with this issue, any help you can give will be much valued.

I have a custom made, small content management system. It worked fine on HostGator for many months, I've recently moved over to a new hosting provided and now whenever I post an article it adds in a slash before all apostrophes. When editing that article and saying it again, it doubles and so on.

I've been reading around on forums but I've had no look. Magic quotes are disabled by the way.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? If not, does anyone know if it is possible to made text that is being submitted to a database convert over to html code. So for example, when I type in an article with an ‘, it inserts it into the database with ’ if you get what I mean, it is sorting it into the database with the symbol.

Please help before I go crazy! Thank you for any time you've spent reading this thread, have a nice day! :)

2. Laxer

Laxer

if you designed the CMS you should be able to add a simple find and replace script to switch out the single quotes...

I haven't had much success using magic quotes in the past...

I usually write my own error trapping and use other functions like: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.addslashes.php

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice