1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

slave CD-rw problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roho, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roho

roho Thread Starter

I installed a CDRW in a HP XT983 that I was using in another PC and it works fine. I changed jumpers to slave. Problem is: The BIO's found it and describes it. I then went to My Computer and it was not there, I went to Device Mgr and it wasn't there either. So I reboot and go to the bio's again and it is no longer there. What's up with thing?

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Did you try the jumper on CS instead of slave? Jazz

3. roho

roho Thread Starter

That seems to have did it. Thanks Jazz

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

Glad to hear it. We'll keep a good thought and hope it continues to work for a long long time. Jazz
    ps: thanks for letting us know

5. roho

roho Thread Starter

this pc has lost the slave cdrw again. I started to copy files to CD and the CDRW wasn't there again. What is going on here.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice