1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sleep mode?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lonesome_wolf2000, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lonesome_wolf2000

lonesome_wolf2000 Thread Starter

I have an HP computer that froze up....pushed the button on the front of the tower......computer comes back on, no picture....ive checked all cables, tried another monitor, changed memory, cleared cmos, new video, etc, etc, etc.....no luck.....any ideas?

2. motocross95

motocross95

try reinstalling OS?

3. lonesome_wolf2000

I can't get that far, no picture at first power on.............
    This is the second computer ive seen like this in the past week....

4. deuce

deuce

So, even after you shut down you still don't get picture? It sounds like you are having trouble going into suspend, but it should be ok on reboot. Try temperarily using a different video card.

5. lonesome_wolf2000

I can't get a picture with the other video card either...

6. deuce

deuce

Are you sure the moniter is ok? When it first froze, did you get a picture? If you can, try the moniter on a different computer and/or try a different moniter on your computer.

7. lonesome_wolf2000

I have already tried another monitor...
    The monitor works fine on another system...
    im clueless

8. rp330

rp330

I had that porblm once, and found that there was a bent pin on the plug socket. it was not allowing the screen to light up. I straghtend it up and pluged it back in and the screen light up.
    (just a thought)

9. lonesome_wolf2000

ive checked monitor cables. power cables. their respective plug-ins, ive tried other monitors. Still i get nothing.....

Also, i tried pulling out the processor and reseating it....
    nothing

i tried putting processor in another board, i get beep codes. (cause i had no video card in the other machine). This leads me to think that the processor in question does work.

i then tried another processor in the computer and i get the same problem...no picture.

10. rp330

rp330

I was going to say memory next, but I see that you already tried new memory. I know that if it don't get through the memory bank, there will be no picture.ther must be another problem in the mother board itself in the loading up sequence. possibly the bios chip. you said you checked the processor.have you had the hard drive checked, it might not be starting, to go through the loading sequence. if its not reading the drive it won't do anything.
    I had a bad hard drive in one and it wouldn't do anything. A thought!!

11. lonesome_wolf2000

i think ive come to the conclusion that it is the motherboard....
    thanks for all of your help.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice