sleep not working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

asuss06

when i close the lid on my new Gateway with Vista, it doesnt go to sleep, which is what i have it set for. Then when i reopen the lid, theres a flash, the screen goes black and i get an error written across the screen that the computer "...did not shut down correctly..." and then gives me the option to restart in Safemode, Safemode with networking, or nornal start up. ive checked and rechecked the sleep setting in the powersaving utility and everything seems normal. anyone know what the problem might be?

Make sure that you have
Sleep
----Allow hybrid sleep
----------On battery: Off
----------Plugged in: Off
Power buttons and lid
----Lid close action
----------On battery: Sleep
----------Plugged in: Sleep

If yes, then try putting the computer to sleep from the start menu (The arrow next to the lock button) and see if that works.

If it does not, go into your BIOS and make sure your set to S3.

asuss06

i have everything set to "sleep" when the lid closes, and yes, the sleep function works fine when done manually.

what is Hybrid sleep? i cant find any description or settings for that?

Hybrid sleep is a mix of standby and hibernate, it will shut the computer down.
Try making a new power plan with the settings described above and see if that works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online