1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SLI difficulties

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FatherChesz, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatherChesz

FatherChesz Thread Starter

I just put together an SLI PC only to experience problem after problem...First of all, though I have 2 GB of DDR2 533Mhz RAM, Windows only sees 1.37 GB. If i unplug the power from one of my video cards the RAM goes up to 1.87 GB, and if i remove it completely it gains a full 2 GB. Is this normal? I doubt it, but anyway...I've installed the drivers for the video cards from the disc provided, but when i get the most recent drivers from nvidia, the computer crashes either during or after installation and i have to remove the drivers completely to get video back. I've installed the nForce 4 Intel edition drivers with success, however. Normally I wouldn't worry about updating the drivers, but SLI doesn't seem to work properly in Call of Duty 2, even though I've enabled it in-game and in the control panel as well. Finally, on occasion using the DVD drive, the computer hangs and is completely unusable, all I can do is reset it and hope for the best next time...can anyone solve any or all of these situations? Specs are as follows...

700W SLI-ready PSU
    ASUS P5N32 SLI Deluxe Motherboard
    Pentium D 3.2 Ghz
    (Yes motherboard is dual-core compatible)
    2 GB DDR2 533 Mhz RAM
    Dual XFX GeForce 6800 XT PCIE X16
    Samsung DVD/CD-RW Drive
    200 GB Seagate IDE Hard Drive
    Windows XP Pro W/SP2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice