1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SLI GRFX Cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nichos, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

hI, & Happy New Year,

I am trying to use three monitors with FSX & need two cards .
    Can I install a GeForce 9800 GTX PCI-E & an MSI 6600 gti PCI Cards on my Asus P5K Premium?

2. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

After my inquiry above, I found this Sapphire HD 5770 FLEX, available at Overcklokers & can be seen here:-
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardw ... 5770_flex/

"......Sapphire has decided that you should be able to power three DVI monitors on a single Radeon HD 5XXX card. They've proved this by releasing the HD 5770 FLEX. The FLEX is the very first 5XXX series card with the ability to power three DVI monitors right out of the packaging......"

I had a lot of complicated & expensive gen from people, this (£119) grfx card seems to do my triple trick even by atter newbees like me. OR is there a catch to it I wonder? .....nick

3. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

Sorry but please disregard above requests for help.

Overclockers verified to me:-

1. that Ati Radeaon 5770 Flex will run FSX, it does not !!.

2. that all cables needed for 3 screens are in the box, none usable was found, & 4 cables needed extra £100.

4. nichos

nichos Thread Starter

Posted Today, 09:26 PM from a forum helper:-

Okay so I did some googling on AMD's website and found this in the Eyefinity FAQs:
    Quote: What Operating Systems does AMD Eyefinity technology work with?
    At present Windows® Vista and Windows® 7 support AMD Eyefinity technology. There are plans for Linux support in an upcoming update to AMD Catalyst™ software. There is no support for Windows® XP.

So XP isn't supported for Eyefinity, unfortunately

CALAMITY, so after so much trouble I went to, & a lot kind forum helpers, I came almost to huck it & find XP whon't do.

Cheerio all.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970961

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice