1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sli multi-gpu/system recovered from serious error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computethis, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computethis

computethis Thread Starter

Hi,

Keep getting this message when starting up computer. sli mulit-GPU rendering has been disabled. has been changed to independent gpu rendereing because one of your sli cards has been removed. sli multi-gpu rendering requireds two or more graphics cards*

Not sure why this is. Video card is original card that came with computer. I upgraded to better card,but kept getting blue screen of death. I had to format computer,but original OS disk was trashed(winxp media center),so I got just windows xp home edition. Not sure why I get that message,as I said I only have one pci-express slot????

Far as blue screen of death, I know it could be hardware or software,but is there a website that tells ya what the codes mean?? I have it setup to when it goes to bluescreen it stays there until I restart computer..
    Im not sure whats goin on??? also norton is continuously updating,and updating,updated virus 4x already..Maybe since HD been formatted has to update lot of definations???

Last thing, everytime I restart computer,get computer has recovered from serious error???
    just hope HD not goin out? or something ;(
    win xp home edition/2gigmem/160gigHD/2.0amd proc

2. Jones

Jones

There is a bug in the latest nVidia drivers that gives this error message when using only one video card. It happened to me as well, and I have an AGP card. If you install the previous version of the driver, the error goes away. I have been told that nVidia is aware of this issue, and will resolve it in the next driver release.

3. Jones

Jones

As far as your 'serious system error' problem, it's tough to say. When you reinstalled windows, did you install service pack 2 and all the current updates as well?

4. computethis

computethis Thread Starter

thnks for info for sli issue.
    When I reformatted harddrive OS didnt want to install alot of files properly. I thought it was OS disk(as it was scratched to hell,and didnt have nother computer able to burn copy to see if that worked). So I tried goin to win xp home editiion(had media center),but it also had a couple of files that u had to hit 'enter' to reinstall them...
    So, not sure if graphics card issue is the issue,or something else. I also cant get Norton to work right neither,as it keeps wanting to update,but also says all files are upto date.. Go figure..
    The most recent BSCOD said is was dxg.sys file,also had BSCOD for file nv4_disp.dll errors. microsoft said adjust video output setting,and update drivers. did all that and still does it??

5. Jones

Jones

Have you tried reinstalling the most recent version of DirectX (9.0c)?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice