1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SLI problem, freezes in BFV every few minutes

Discussion in 'Games' started by flightplan, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flightplan

flightplan Thread Starter

We got this new comp, and no matter how many bios, chipset or video drivers updates on fresh copies of windows, BFV always freezes up for about 5 seconds at a time during game play. It happens every two or three minutes.

The computer is an:
    A8N-SLI motherboard
    two GeForce Galaxy 66oo GT video cards
    AMD 3000+ processor
    two 512 kingston ram sticks
    FSP 700 watt PS
    Creative Audigy SE sound card

We have do not use the overclocking features.
    Please help, I've read about all the other bugs with sli and bfv and haven't found this one or anything that worked.

2. blahbuds

blahbuds

Which version of forceware drivers are you using? I have the same problem everytime I use the current drivers from nvidia. Try using the 93.7 version. I've had no problem after using that ver. If you can't find it online let me know I'll I'll try to get a copy to you.

3. flightplan

flightplan Thread Starter

Well, the new driver didn't help. As I've read on a number of forums, there is a problem with my model of video card geforce 6600, which for some reason has been the source of incurable freezeups in Battlefield Vietnam. The freeze ups occur with this video card and a half dozen games as I understand. Other models of geforce video cards don't do it and we have two still relatively new galaxy geforce 6600 gt's in an sli system (a8n-sli). We play almost only online Battlefield Vietnam. So we have few choices. Trying to get something out of Nvidia, however they have yet to recognize this issue. EA games seems mute about answering me directly. Perhaps they dont have ample resources to debug all occuring issues, especially with only one model video card and a few games.
    Let me know if you find out anything along the way.
    Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice