1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slide Layout not visible in Powerpoint

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Cerrnunann, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cerrnunann

Cerrnunann Thread Starter

When I go to powerpoint and click on Tools, slide layout I get the panel on the side however the thumbnails do not show up in it. If I run my mouse over where they should be I get outlined boxes of the templates but it does not show the template.
    I deleted the normal.dot and it worked for a little bit but now its not working again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I am working reinstalling office but wanted to find out if anyone has seen this and knows what the fix is if a reinstall does not work.

Thanks!

2. hberaldi

hberaldi

Until a few days ago, my powerpoint started acting up. It used to display all the templates within the side bar right after inserting a new slide, but it now displays only ghosts of the templates. Hovering with the mouse on the templates causes some of the scrolling menus to show up, but the thumbnails are gone...
    I did install a windows update that mentioned something about Office 2003 security patch... I guess that may be the problem for me...

3. hberaldi

hberaldi

ooops !! I just restarted my computer and the problem went away !
    It seems that it only needed a flush...

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I have just tried about 10 different PowerPoint files and none of them have any problems and I am up to date with ALL Windows and Office updates on Office 2003.

The Normal.dot is a Word template and should have NO affect on PowerPoint.

Does this happen to ALL PowerPoint files?

5. Cerrnunann

Cerrnunann Thread Starter

Yes it happens on all files. Sometimes it works but most of the time it does not. I get the same thing that hberaldi discribed. We are up to date on our patches.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Try changing the Resolution of your screen and see if this makes a difference.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!