Status
Not open for further replies.

Slide Show Not Working (Windows 10)

Solved 
2K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  Money Pit 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, longtime no see :)
Here's my problem:
Sometimes people send me pictures in email (W.L.M. 2012) that require me to click on "view slide show" but when doing so, nothing happens. I'm sure this is an easy fix for you experts. :)

#7 ·
There's no link. It's in my email "in" box. I have no idea what program was used to make this slide show. It was sent to me by a friend who uses Windows 10, so I'm positive it's something that is included in Win 10 and not a 3rd party program. BTW: Thanks for the 10 year trophy but I've been a member here for 20 years. Thanks: :)

#9 ·
My friend knows VERY little about his computer and I'm the one that sets it up/fixes it. I'm positive that I never added any 3rd party software to his PC. There must be a 'box' somewhere that needs a simple check mark but I can't find it. LOL

#11 ·
Yes, that is a possibility. I'm sure there is a way to enable "Slide Show" on Win 10. It worked great in Win 7. When I try to google my problem, all of the information is about making your "wallpaper" scroll. Not what I'm looking for. I'm NOT giving up! :)

#12 ·
I have not found any built in slide show of Windows 10.
But, there are many addins out there.
You best is to as your buddy where he is getting these slide shows to send you?

#13 ·
I think since you're running Windows Live Mail 2012 you would need the Windows Photo Gallery that is also part of Windows Essentials 2012 but that's no longer supported or offered for download. You could try repairing the installation of Windows Essentials 2012 that you currently have but I don't know if it will make any difference.

Apparently, even with Windows Mail in Windows 10 the option to view as a slide show in the email program is not available. This is from two years ago and although you have to take the posts on the Microsoft Answers forum with a grain of salt, André de Costa generally knows what he's talking about:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...pictures/ebb015e7-f747-45d8-a6a5-c4cf345e6810

Unless of course something has changed since then.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
OMG! Once again you come to my rescue Karen :)
I checked out the link that you provided and sent my feedback to Microsoft, fingers crossed. I don't need this feature often but I do suffer from O.C.D. so things like that tend to "bug" me.
I'm hoping I can find an "app" for that. Any suggestions folks? :)

* If "Slide Show" is not available now? This looks very suspicious. Thoughts?
(link removed by Administrator Cookiegal)

#17 ·
I'm sorry about that link. I've put the "slide show" thing on the back burner while I work on other "stuff". I'm not giving up though, just taking a break. "Momma" wants a Web Cam so she can watch her Church. I'll mark this thread "Solved" later. if anyone else has any ideas you cam PM me? Thanks: Folks Dave :)

#16 ·
I would suggest to tell those people from refraining from using Windows Live Mail. It has quirks like this. I believe it's the way they are attaching the pictures. This is something that Microsoft did not fix and had a lot of people annoyed (including me) with this.

Out of interest, are the senders using a microsoft account?

#18 ·
I would suggest to tell those people from refraining from using Windows Live Mail. It has quirks like this. I believe it's the way they are attaching the pictures. This is something that Microsoft did not fix and had a lot of people annoyed (including me) with this.

Out of interest, are the senders using a Microsoft account?
Nope. I'm seriously thinking of switching to "Mail" on Win 10. I hate "learning curves". LOL :)

#19 ·
I realize that you were the one with the problem, not others LOL forgive me...

Having said that, WLM should have died with Vista. None of its 'features' worked well or you had to go through hoops to get something to work.

Windows Mail or even Thunderbird will work for you :D

#27 ·
Who do they use? AOL? Yahoo? Do they even have online access? Perhaps you should use that instead of Mail/Outlook if you don't need anything fancy.
As far as I know, they have their own server. Anytime I need to see an email that I deleted, I can log in to my account and all the emails that I received for the last 30 days are there. I have my T.V. home phone and internet bundled with them. I was thinking about contacting one of their tech's and see what he/she recommends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.