1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Slide Show programs??

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by DON MURRAY, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DON MURRAY

DON MURRAY Thread Starter

I want to make a set of slide shows from a bunch of old 35mm slides and photos. I have them all scanned into my PC as JPG files. What is the best way to turn these files into a DVD (or CD) of slides shows? There are between 500 and 600 of the files.

I want the DVD (or CD) to be one that can be used by a normal, (current technology) PC. PowerPoint is on all the PC's that will use the disks. Is there any other format that would make sense? Any self loading software on the disk that makes sense? I have heard about, (and have) Pisaca2 as one alternate. Does this allow a self loading program to be put on the disk so that any PC could run the "show"?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Windows XP machines already have a slide show capability in the image viewer. Have you tried it?

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

4. ChuckE

ChuckE

While I am a big proponent of IrfanView and I have used it for making several slideshows (and there are several methods of doing so with IrfanView), I agree with Dreamboat.
    Except the slideshow viewer built into WinXP might not be quite what you are looking for.
    Along the same lines, though, are the two different FREE Microsoft WinXP Powertoys:
    HTML Slide Show Wizard and CD Slide Show Generator
    Check them both out. I think you will be surprised how easy and professional the results are.
    There are other WinXP Powertoys available, read about them here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Have fun.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

ArtSee is a small (56k) program that can run great slideshows with a few command lines from a CD. Start it with an autorun.inf.

You can set size, transition effects, and speed in the command switches.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/410789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice