Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

slide show to DVD?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  gooley 
#1 ·
Hello, Would someone explain to me what program I need or what I need to do to make slideshows and put them on a disc so I can view them on a regular home dvd player. I figured out how to make the slideshow in windows movie maker. Is is possible to burn them to dvd to be played in a dvd player?

I have windows xp and a dvd rw-combo drive.

thanks.

#3 ·
You shouldn't need any other programs. I don't use Windows Movie Maker, but I imagine that will burn to DVD--maybe someone else who has that program will know. But if you have a DVD burner, then you almost certainly have some software like Nero or something else to actually burn DVDs. Just take the file you created in WMM (make sure you out put it as an MPEG-2 (DVD) and then use the DVD burning software to burn it to disc.

Also take a look at the guide I wrote which is pinned at the top of this forum.

#4 ·
Actually, I just checked and Windows Movie Maker does not actually do the burning to the DVD. But as I said, you probably have somethin already installed on your computer that came with the DVD burner. What kind of computer do you have?

I would recommend ULead DVD Movie Factory The program recommended above looks fine for doing slideshows only, but you probably want a program that will do slideshows and movies and will give you nice menus like you see on rented DVDs. Ulead will do that for you and it has a free trial. Download the trial. Then take the slideshow you created and load it into Ulead and just follow the very easy wizard to create a DVD.

#7 ·
Thanks gooley, I tried memories on tv as you suggested. It is pretty good but I also tried proshow gold and I like it a lot better. Easier to get the pics in and has pan and zoom effects that memories on tv doesnt. Thanks for the suggestions. They got me started looking.

#8 ·
I use proshow gold and love it. After a friend reccomended it and I used the trial I loved it from the start and bought it soon after. I just got the upgrade and the new version has even more features. It is pricey but it does so much and you can use different music and sync it to the show. I have not tried the feature to publish a show to the web yet so that will be the next thing I try. I can't say enough on how much I love this program and for me it is so very easy to use and understand. Proshow is cheaper and does not have as many bells and whistles so you might also like that if you don't want the loaded proshow gold.

#9 ·
Glad to hear it. I checked out both as well but went with Memories as I had a problem w/ the Proshow freezing up when I tried it. It does have great text effects too. I'll have to try the newer version and see how that works. They're both great programs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.