Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slide Show To VCD

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Scramble 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone, Hope someone out there can help. My O/S is XP Home and I am burning Digital Still Images to CD (TDK CD/RW) using Photodex Proshow Gold to create a vcd. This I manage to do ok and they play back on my computer with no problems,but when inserted in my Panasonic E30 standalone player/recorder all I get is the Proshow Logo and no images appear even the disc continues to revolve,the E30 is VCD compliant and PBC is enabled.
My E30 is connected to a Sony TV through a SKY receiver with scart leads.
I have tried other cd`s both CD/R and CD/RW with the same result. Could some more knowledgable person please solve this problem for me.

Regards Scramble

#2 ·
#3 ·
Sounds like your DVD player has trouble useing menus.

I use Xatshow for slideshows, which has the option not to use menus.
http://www.xat.com/xatshow/

Look in your software for menu options and see if there's a way to bypass them.

P.S. I have the same problem on my Apex 660AD DVD player, everytime I burn a DVD for it, I have to set the settings in nero to make it play upon insertion instead of jumping to a menu..

#5 ·
Thank you all for your replies,I found the links from storage man and gotrooldude interesting,but i did not use any menus as this was my first attempt at this I burnt it as basic as possible ,ie I dragged the files from My Pictures into Proshow and the VCD burnt successfully from there.I have also just tried Roxio easy cd 6 with the same result. I don`t have Powerpoint Raistlfirer,but I am familiar with it. I will try Xatshow next and post my results.

Regards Scramble.

#6 ·
After you click make video CD watch and see if you are getting a screen with a message about I think PCB setting on the computer or some computer setting, cant' remember what it says but I have gotten that. We don't have a DVD player on our TV but my son has a PS2 and I tried to play one back on that but it wouldn't work so I need to use someone's DVD player or finally get one for our TV.

Also if you click help and then click contents look under creating video CD's and you can check and see if you are setting it up right. I am using version 2.01 and I just got a notice about some upgrades to resolve some issue so also under help click upgrade and get those.

#7 ·
Thanks for your reply craftylady,I did say in my first post that PBC (Playback control) was enabled,in fact the Panasonic E30 gives you a choice of on or of which is then displayed in the units window. Thanks again for your input.

Regards Scramble.

#9 ·
Hi craftylady, The PBC (not PCB) is enabled on my standalone Panasonic E30 recorder/player not the computer. The option is also offered in the Photodex Program.
I have spoken to Panasonic UK they could not help,I have also E Mailed Photodex who were very responsive and suggested updating to a later version,which I did,but with the same result. I have got the feeling that the answer to this is really quite simple,but it`s `finding the direction that`s the problem.

Regards John (aka scramble)

#10 ·
I have no clue but one day when I was making a VCD I got a screen that said something about PCB on my computer not being enabled and that the CD might not work in a DVD player because of this. I have only been able to try one show I made on someone's DVD player and it worked fine. We don't have one on our TV yet because we just don't rent a lot of movies. Maybe see if you can try it in another DVD player and see what happens.

#11 ·
Hi Everyone,particularly gotrootdude,finally got round to trying XATSHOW.The images have sucessfully shown on my W/S TV,the only difference from other progams that I can see is the file format. Xatshow saved them as CIF where ROXIO 6 were JPEG and PROSHOW GOLD MPEG,does anyone know if this is the problem of why the images will not display in these two programs. Please appreciate that this is all new to me
and file extensions paticularly

Regards Scramble (aka)

PS Gotrootdude your comments about Myrtle Beach are spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.